Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Meeting Number 3, Dec. 14, 2009: Summary

Meeting Number 3, Dec. 14, 2009: Summary

On this meeting Frank brought a young "friend" along with him.  We'll call him "Skeet" to protect his identity.  Since the last meeting, I've added the New World Translation into my Accordance software to be able to compare their version with other versions.  I've also had a chance to read a couple of really decent books to better understand the JW's and where they're coming from:

How to Respond to 'What Does the Bible Really Teach' by Wilbur Lingle
Captives of a Concept: Anatomy of an illusion by Don Cameron
(Understanding the illusionary concept that holds millions of Jehovah's Witnesses captive by controlling how they think and act without them realizing it.)  

Talking to "Skeet", I had learned that he had moved from the New England area to Brunswick, was jobless, and had only been a JW for about a year.  I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was soooo disinterested in what Lloyd and I were talking about as his eyes wondered all over the place.  As the bible study went on, he began to shrink behind Lloyd to avoid eye contact with me.   Although, I had noticed that as I pointed out things about the true name of God using the bible software, he pepped up and a few times did a double take after reading some things that he didn't find in the Watchtower publications.

I also think it's proper for me to remind readers that my JW friends really believe with all their heart that this organization, that this religion that they follow is indeed the true religion, and that this guides both their statements and their actions.  However,  I do feel like I've broken down a few walls and I think that they think that they are eager to get someone like me who they don't have to explain a lot of the basic truths about God to, to join their ranks.  But as you'll see, this can never happen as I'm rebellious by nature and I've already stood on the promises of God, regardless of what anyone else thinks...

No comments:

Post a Comment